Saturday, June 18, 2011

Backyard wildlife!






The other day, as I was standing on our deck something bright green caught my eye, and I was delighted to see that it was an adorable little tree frog.  I'm sure if I had inspected it further, I would have been able to see the little little suction cup grippers on his feet that allowed him to crawl up high onto our deck!

As a kid, my siblings and I loved playing with unique animals, reptiles and amphibians!  When we took a family fishing trip and had trouble catching any fish, we hardly ever had trouble catching painted turtles and we would bring a few home as pets.  All the minnows purchased as bait but never used also became pets. We would put them in our kiddie pools and have them race.  Reptiles such as snakes and toads were a big hit, as well as salamanders! ...I have no problems letting Quinn find his own  strange   unique pets as he grows up. What a fun part of childhood where many of the best memories are made!

No comments:

Post a Comment