Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meaningful Church Sign


The other day I was driving past a church, and the sign's message resonated with me, as it simply read: 

"The only thing you can take to heaven with
you are your children." 

(I also feel like spouse should/could be included).

How quickly it put my day into perspective and reminded me of the most critical and important job we have as parents...to guide our children to have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ now,
while they're still young, that they may carry their
strong faith throughout their entire lives.

It may seem like an almost too overwhelming responsibility
at times, but it gives me great comfort knowing that the Lord is guiding each and every step in our parenting,
as we allow Him to work through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment