Saturday, April 7, 2012

He Is Risen! 


I was making my infamous 'avocado dip' this evening for tomorrow's Easter party, and a powerful train of thought came to my mind as I was mixing the ingredients! (I kid you not!) ...It's no coincidence that God purposely put this specific thought into my mind: It's Easter tomorrow, the most important of the Christian holidays, and I have to share my happiness in Christ's death and Resurrection in the best format for me, my blog!   As I got to thinking about what I should write, I was able to sum it up beautifully in my mind! Getting it down on paper, well..that's another story! God knows my strength and weaknesses, and as He knew I was struggling to find the 'right' words, He graciously put this song in my mind:

In Christ Alone (My favorite hymn).

I encourage you to find the actual song online, as it is so beautiful and powerful! I'm certainly not a big fan of hymns, just because! But this one, which is also a song that can be found on 98.5 KTIS, gives me goosebumps and makes me stop what I'm doing whenever I hear it on the radio.  It puts my life in perspective and reminds me why I'm the mother I am to my sons and wife to my husband. It brings purpose into all of my relationships here on earth. It reminds me why I have Hope.

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone, my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all-in-all

Here in the love of Christ I stand
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand


I pray that this song gives you God's beautiful peace and reminds
us all of the reason we celebrate Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment