Friday, November 16, 2012

Potty Training = SUCCESS


All of the toys above are just some of the rewards and incentives that Quinn got from going potty in the toilet.  There are a lot more little trucks and cars around the house that he 'won', but I couldn't track all of them down!  He loved the reward system that we bribed used to sweeten the deal.

Quinn will be two years and nine months old (...gasp, when did THAT happen?) on November 20th.  A mere four days away.  Steve and I have been talking to Quinn about using the 'big boy' potty for what seems like years.. (in reality, it probably has been about one year.)  In August, Quinn and I did 'potty training bootcamp' at our house, for numerous days.  We did everything I thought was 'right,' I let him pick out his new big boy undies at the store, he was able to choose the potty chair he liked best, he decided peanut butter m&m's would be an awesome reward whenever he used his fabulous potty chair.  Yeah, he was excited for about one day.  Then, it failed and we had so many 'battles' between us! At that time I decided I was going to stop pushing. I've heared many great mama friends tell me to leave it up to the child.  So... we waited and waited... three months, and no sign from Quinn.  I started to get used to the idea that Quinn would probably be in diapers for years.
(I'm KIDDING)! *kinda. 
 
On Saturday, Steve and I went to a wedding.  I cannot believe that Steve met an old coworker of mines' husband for the first time, and they talked about TOILET TRAINING. Of all things. I think it's hilarious, and kinda disturbing that that's what our conversations with everyone (even people we just meet) are about!    However, the conversation sparked an idea and we decided to go with the method that worked for them! 
 
This is the article I read, and for the last four days we have been doing this.
 
I'm cautiously optimistic that this is the real deal and our little man is really on the homestretch to being fully potty trained... I'm so proud of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment