Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 22

 
 
How far along?

22 weeks...over half way there, wow!

Total weight gain/loss:
Around 12 lbs.

Maternity clothes?
Yep... pretty much everything I wear these days (aside from the occasional big sweatshirt) is maternity.

Sleep:
Starting to get difficult getting a solid 8 hours of zzz's each night. Most every night I wake up to use the bathroom, or get in a different position because I'm not comfortable.. or, just recently.. braxton hicks contractions wake me up!

Best moment this week:
Just a lot of kicks and movements! Very exciting... with an onset of new symptoms happening.. it's starting to really sink in that the remainder of this pregnancy is really going to fly!
Movement:
Lots of little kicks and flutters...
Food cravings:
Lots of carbs... loving the breads, pastas... eating a lot of hummus and crackers.  I feel (hope) this baby is going through a growth spurt with how hungry I've been in the last few days...
Gender:
I still think boy, Steve thinks girl. We're not finding out!

Labor Signs:
Early on Sunday morning, I experienced my first ever Braxton Hicks Contraction (or 'hickers' as Steve referred to them!) ... I never had any with Quinn.  They were quite painful and surprised me, but since then I've not had them again. Maybe that means this baby isn't going to be two weeks late like their big bro was!
Belly Button in or out?
It has officially popped out!

What I miss:
Sleeping a solid night's sleep... breathing comfortably! (That's right.. I've started experiencing my least fav pregnancy symptom, shortness of breath!)
What I am looking forward to:
Continuing to watch my belly grow and be utterly amazed at the miracle of pregnancy! ...Continuing to feel many kicks and squirms from the baby!

Weekly Wisdom:
I'm not going to freak out and hyperventilate whenever I feel like the baby is in such a position where it makes breathing difficult! I'll remain calm and collected and remember to enjoy every aspect of pregnancy.. the good, the bad and the ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment