Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 39



How far along?


39 weeks (tomorrow - 12/25/11)

Total weight gain/loss:

Around 25 lbs. gained.

Maternity clothes?

Yes.

Sleep:

I've been sleeping pretty well, considering I'm one week (gulp!) away from the due date! My mind is racing with 'to do's' and just the plain excitement of having a baby born very soon. Sometimes this keeps me up late at night...
Best moment this week:

Enjoying the past week with Quinn as an only child. We visited the zoo, and been having a lot of fun, one-on-one time, I'm just soaking it in! We are also celebrating Christmas this week, so watching Quinn marvel over the Christmas tree and say new words, like: Frosty and Ho Ho Ho... just brighten my day.  We have the infant car seat installed, the crib is ready for baby and we have a bassinet set up in our room. Watching Quinn take this all in has been quite interesting to say the least!
Movement:

This baby just LOVES to move around in the late evenings, and the kicks and jabs are getting so much more pronounced and strong. I can see many of the movements when I look down at my belly!
Food cravings:

I had Steve run out and grab me a Jimmy John's sandwich the other night at 9pm!  I feel like my appetite is growing, and this leads me to believe our baby is packing on the pounds! Uh oh...  Quinn was 8 lb. 9 oz, how big will this baby be?! :)
Gender:

I still think boy, Steve thinks girl. We're not finding out!

Labor Signs:

Nothing - and my doctor appointment on Friday leads me to believe we still have a few weeks left... I predict a January 15th birth - date. Time will tell.
Belly Button in or out?

Out - big time.

What I miss:

Nothing.  We are close to the end now... I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy these last few weeks. Although I did get some Spotted Cow Beer for Christmas from my mom and dad and it looks awfully refreshing.... :)
What I am looking forward to:

Holding my sweet baby in my arms and watching Quinn meet him/her for the first time!
Weekly Wisdom:

I'm not going to get caught up in the due date. It's just an estimate anyway, and this baby will arrive when he/she is supposed to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment