Friday, July 20, 2012

Up North we shall go!

 Quinn's first fish.
 Grandpa J and Quinn.
 Laurie, Gretchen and Jack.
 Our family of four -- Jack (6 months) and Quinn (2 1/2 years).
 Dad and his son.  ~~ 7/14/2012
 A boy and his dog.
 Sink baths are the best!  Effective at cleaning the boys..and so simple!

I may have been born and raised in Wisconsin, but I'm sure feeling more and more "Minnesotan" as the years go by...  For instance, going "Up North," to the cabin!  Now let me tell you, I think it's a right of passage for Minnesotans to claim that they're "going up north," for the weekend!  But I now realize why every one's hooked on this past time.  It's both relaxing and beautiful at Jan and Stan's cabin.  There is also plenty to do.  Last weekend our family kept busy, but some of our highlights at the cabin included:

Quinn catching his very first fish! (A sunny.)
A slow boat ride (pontoon) and a fast boat ride (speed boat), per Quinn 'speak'.
A paddle boat and kayak ride for Steve and I, as Tuck tried his best to swim over to us.
Family movie nights were also a favorite activity for Quinn, while I enjoyed playing my favorite card game, Kings in a Corner (Super Easy!)

All in all, it was a wonderful way to spend time together as a family.  I know we made great memories this weekend, and we will continue to as the years go on!

Thanks for having us up, Jan and Stan!

No comments:

Post a Comment