Monday, July 9, 2012

Visit to Wisconsin

 Quinn sandwhich!
 6/30/2012
 Dad, Mom, Aunt Bev, Quinn, Grandpa, Grandma, Jack, Gretchen and Pete
~~ June 30, 2012 ~~
 Trying to find a screw that fell off the hitch!
Last weekend we took a five hour drive to rural Wisconsin to see my grandparents.  We had an absolute blast, and the drive both there and back went surprisingly well.  The first order of business once we arrived and after we said our 'hello's' was to set up Quinn's kiddy pool and throw some swim suits and sunblock on!  Along with my grandparents, there was also my parents, Aunt Bev, Katie, Tom and Pete. 

After plenty of pool fun, we headed in for a quick supper, so that we would still have time for a family canoe trip on the little river that runs through my grandparent's town, and is only about a one minute walk from their house.  I always love visiting my grandparents, and it always feels like I'm stepping back into an easier , perhaps, slower pace of life when I'm there.  Could it be because if you blink you miss driving through the town?  Or maybe because the only business's on 'Main' Street is the Post Office, tiny library and the Golden Nugget Bar (Shown in the background of the last picture above).  Or maybe it's because they have lived in the same house for all my almost thirty years. (They've lived in this house for 60 years -- raised their four children there.)  Whatever the reason, being back at Grandma and Grandpa's sure brings back a lot of memories!  We were actually  in town to celebrate my other grandparent's 60th Wedding Anniversary, that was held the next day.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, fortunately, it was because I was busy catching up with my many Aunts, Uncles, cousins and second cousins!

1 comment:

  1. Gret, The picture of your sister kissing Jack on the head is one of the sweetest things ever! Love your candid shots :)

    ReplyDelete