Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day - 2012

 Our family of four:
Quinn - 2 years and Jack - 4 months

Oh man, I love self timed photos five minutes before church is set to start, and we're still at home!
......But it's not too often we're dressed up!

This was my third and best mother's day to date! Last year I can't even recall what we did as I believe
I was in the throes of morning sickness with Jack. My first year I was a first time mom with a little three month old. I remember having to change Quinn's blow out dirty diaper at the restaurant during brunch, and when he was finally cleaned up, he spit up all over himself (and me!) ...I was still lacking in the self confidence department with my mothering (not that I still don't from time to time!) and was probably very sleep deprived!  This year was fantastic. I'm learning the ropes (just a tad more!), and feel more confident than I did even two years ago.. 

Steve and the boys spoiled me, too! I got a gift card for a message and Starbucks, along with a beautiful necklace (I'm wearing it in the photos above.)  I asked Quinn what he got me on Saturday, and he replied: Elmo Something (the last word was not understandable!) ...Well, my first gift was a card from Quinn and Jack, and sure enough, it was a big, bold ELMO Mother's Day card! We spent the day doing some of my favorite things. Going to church as a family and having a picnic right in our front lawn.  We were surrounded by all the beautiful flowers we potted over the weekend.

I hope all you awesome moms out there spent the day feeling loved,valued and appreciated!

You all deserve it.

Image Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment