Saturday, October 2, 2010

Number 4 Seeing everyone in our family take on a new title!


Watching my husband become a dad for the first time on 2/20/10! I'm amazed daily at the kind of father Steve is. He is dedicated and kind, playful and fun, a great provider and awesome listener! When Steve gets home everyday, Quinn cannot take his eyes off his daddy for a second! They have "yelling" matches back and forth, and Steve was the first one to get Quinn to giggle! That doesn't surprise me, he is easy with a laugh, slow to anger, quick to make a joke and kind to everyone! I hope Quinn grows up to become a man like his daddy.



Watching my dad become a grandpa for the first time! He is a WONDERFUL grandpa to his little "Quinn the Eskimo". Grandpa Phil loves when Quinn comes over to visit him in the country so he can give him a ride on his tractor, walk with him around the apple orchards and gardens, and show him tools in the garage! I know these two are going to have a really amazing relationship! I can already picture Quinn handing tools to his Grandpa when they are working on different projects together!




Watching my father in law, Stan, become a grandpa for the first time! Grandpa Stan loves Quinn, and I know he's going to be a very fun and silly grandpa to Quinn - throwing him up in the air and catching him in a big bear hug, bringing him up to their cabin for boat rides, fishing and campfires and maybe someday golfing together and watching sports! It is fun to see these two together!


Watching my mom become a grandma for the first time! I love what a great mom she is to me, and she taught me how to be a kind, patient and loving mom for Quinn! She is naturing and kind, and has lots of energy to play, play and play some more with her Baby Q! She will no doubt, teach Quinn a thing or two about gardening, and maybe will even let him help her weed when he's a little older!








Watching my mother in law, Jan become a grandma for the first time! I am so thankful to Jan {and Stan}  for making Steve the man he is today, and I will use her as a role model in the kind of mother I will try and be for Quinn {so he grows up to be like his dad!} She is a great cook and I know Quinn will love to go over to his grandma J's for yummy dinners and of course many good desserts {she is ecstatic that Quinn already likes sweets!}

Watching my sister in law, Laurie, become an aunt for the first time! I trust Laurie so much to care for Quinn, as she is so good with him and just "has a way" with babies! She is SO patient and always ready to spend time with her little nephew! I am so blessed that she lives so close to us, as she visits us often, and enjoys babysitting Quinn! I can already tell these two are going to have a very close relationship. She is also his godmother.

Watching my older sister, Mandy, become an aunt for the first time! Mandy was always my best friend growing up. We were even roommates for three years once we left home, and I think she is someone whom I share the most memories with! She is kind and naturing, hardworking and easy to get along with. She will be the aunt who "teaches" so much to Quinn. I know she will take every opportunity to show Quinn new and exciting things in this world!

Watching my younger sister, Katie, become an Aunt for the first time! Katie was in Thailand during my pregnancy and for Quinn's first two months of life, but she definitely made up for it once she got home in April, 2010! This photo captures the first moments these two met! Can't you tell it was love at first sight?! She is fun and adventures, busy and determined. I know Q will have many fun adventures with his aunt Katie, and I'm sure they will go on a few trips together and Katie's love of travel will rub off on Quinn!

Watching my little brother, Pete, become an uncle for the first time! Always playful and full of smiles and stories! I just know Quinn is going to look up to his uncle Pete and try to be cool just like he is! Uncle Pete gets little gifts for his nephew every now and then, and recently gave Quinn a big elephant stuffed animal we named "Elliot!" He is definitely the fun and playful uncle every kid should have! Pete is also Quinn's godfather.
                                                                         

...Lastly, becoming a mom myself when my son was born on 2/20/10!  My number 4 'top memory' during my 27th year was making many wonderful and exciting new memories with family and watching all of our titles change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment