Friday, October 1, 2010

My Number 5 memory was Going from working outside the home to becoming a stay at home mom!



With my 28Th birthday fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to compile a list of the top five events that occurred during my 27Th year, and then post one a day 'till we get to my birthday on 10/5!


Before Quinn's birth in late February, I kept the option open for going back to work, or at least part time. We interviewed with a few day cares and talked about how we would make it work.Once Quinn was born, Steve and I decided to try my staying at home over the summer. Along with completing my paralegal internship from May through July for two days a week, I was experiencing being a stay at home mother on an almost full time basis and realized it was what I wanted to do.


Gone are the days of dressing up Monday through Friday in business casual clothes, leaving the house by 7:30AM to make my bus from Burnsville to Minneapolis, catching lunch with the girls in the office and grabbing lattes with coworkers to dish about what's going on in our lives. Gone also are the stressful days of making a deadline, dealing with bosses and getting stuck in traffic!


These past seven months have been an eye opening experience for me! I never realized how hard all those stay at home parents work! I may not have a boss in an office, but I now have a boss who wears size three diapers and enjoys pureed carrots and bananas! He can be extremely demanding and a bit of a cry baby, but I have never enjoyed working more for anyone else before.


No comments:

Post a Comment